2012 Page 2
- E-discovery and the Public Records Act Workshop…What City Clerks Must KnowSeptember 7, 2012At the League of California Cities Annual Conference, City Clerks Department Workshop, Eric Danly will co-present this session on e-discovery and the Public Records Act. The public’s heightened awareness and demand for transparency in local government has cities struggling with public records request overload. E-discovery on e-mails is adding to the workload and requires extensive research. Hear about the latest case law and findings on ... read more
- The “Occupy” Movement: What Can Cities Do?September 7, 2012At the League of California Cities Annual Conference, David Warner will be presenting a session during the City Attorneys Track titled: The "Occupy" Movement: What Can Cities Do? David Warner will be co-presenting with Rocio V. Fierro, Police General Counsel/Supervising Deputy City Attorney, Public Safety/Police & Fire Unit, Oakland City Attorney's Office.
- Late Breaking Report from the Medical Marijuana CommitteeSeptember 5, 2012At the League of California Cities Annual Conference, the Medical Marijuana Committee will present a session: Late Breaking Report from the Medical Marijuana Committee, during the City Attorneys Track. Ruthann G. Ziegler will co-present this session with Mary T. Nuesca, Chief Deputy City Attorney for San Diego.
- A Toolkit for Economic Development in the Post-Redevelopment EraJanuary 1, 1970Meyers Nave presents a webinar series addressing tools for economic and community development in the post-redevelopment era. Nuts and Bolts for Successor Agencies: Thursday, February 9, 10 – 11 a.m. Land Use and Housing Tools: Thursday, February 16, 10 – 11 a.m. Financial and Other Resources: Thursday, February 23, 10 – 11 a.m. Brownfields Tools and Strategies for Successor Agencies: Thursday, March 1, 10 - ... read more
- Redevelopment in the Post-Redevelopment Agency World: How will it work? What are the keys to success?August 28, 2012ABX1 26 and AB1484 (the redevelopment dissolution legislation) have dramatically changed the landscape for economic development and affordable housing, but have also created opportunities for economic development in California's cities and counties. This informative luncheon will cover the general and technical areas that you need to understand to be successful. Don't miss this opportunity to meet an expert on this topic, and interact with industry ... read more
- What Does AB 1484 Really Mean in the Post-Redevelopment Era?August 14, 2012AB 1484 requires those involved in the redevelopment unwind process to implement some significant new rules of conduct just as they were beginning to adapt to and implement the complex rules mandated by the Dissolution Act itself. Much attention has been devoted to AB 1484's claw-back provision as well as components of the law that open the possibility of continuing some redevelopment programs and enabling ... read more
- Ethics AB 1234 Compliance Training – Last Ethics Webinar of 2012August 7, 2012This two-hour course covers general ethics principles and state laws related to: personal gain by public servants, conflict of interest, bribery and nepotism, gift, travel, mass mailing restrictions, honoraria, financial interest disclosure and competitive bidding, prohibitions on the use of public resources for personal or political purposes, the Brown Act Open meeting law, and the Public Records Act.
- CSDA General Manager Leadership SummitJuly 17, 2012Legal Updates and Q & A regarding the Brown Act and Public Records Act.
- CAALAC Monthly Luncheon – Post-RDA Latest DevelopmentJune 28, 2012The City Attorneys Association of Los Angeles County's upcoming monthly luncheon will have a panel discussion on the latest developments, post-redevelopment. Location: Taix French Restaurant, 1911 West Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90026 Cost: $30/per person (valet parking is $2.50) Please RSVP by Monday, June 25, 2012 to Teresa Guereque at City of Pasadena, (626) 744-3976 or email@example.com Click here to download flier containing additional ... read more
- Social Media and the Workplace Recruitment, Background Checks and Personal UseJune 20, 2012Linda Ross will be presenting at The Northern California Chapter of the International Public Management Association's lunch-time session on Social Media and the Workplace - Recruitment, Background Checks, and Personal Use. Registration: RSVP by June 15, 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.Cost: $10 (Member); $15 (Non-Member)