2014 Page 3
- Mediation of High Profile Public Entity LitigationApril 10, 2014Earn 1.25 Hours of MCLE credit during this informative session of the Civil Law and Litigation 2014 Conference. Co-presenters will include: Honorable Patrick J. Mahoney (Ret.), JAMS, San Francisco Michael A. Kelly, Esq., Partner, Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, San Francisco Mark D. Petersen, Esq., Partner, Farella, Braun, & Martel, LLP, San Francisco Cheryl S. Adams, Chief Trial Deputy, City and County of San Francisco
- Fee, FY, Foe Fiduciary? Who Can You Trust to Act in Your Best Interests?April 4, 2014What is fiduciary duty, who has fiduciary duty to another and who is entitled to fiduciary duty from another? School district business officials work extensively with parties who serve as fiduciaries to the district and can themselves have fiduciary duty to the district and to other parties, such as employees. How confidential are confidential conversations with attorneys or regarding personnel matters? Understanding fiduciary duty is ... read more
- Public Contracts and Procurement Regulations in CaliforniaMarch 27, 2014Learn how to avoid the minefields of public contracting and procurement code with ease. Do you want to know how to minimize the looming pitfalls inherent in public contracting? Now you can - attend this seminar and enhance your knowledge of the complex and always changing system of laws and regulations involved in public contracting and procurement. You will find out not only how to ... read more
- CSDA Board Secretary/Clerk ConferenceFebruary 27, 2014Opening Keynote: The Ralph M. Brown Act - A Local Government Drama Learn about the Brown Act by attending the fictional and humorous board meeting of a special agency. Witness what governing boards do right and wrong in preparing agendas and running their meetings. Be a member of the public at the regular meeting along with several board members, staff, interested citizens and a very ... read more
- Navigating Requests for Records Under the California Public Records ActFebruary 26, 2014This roundtable discussion will provide participants the opportunity to understand and discuss issues related to Public Records Act Requests. The Public Records Act sets restrictions on what records can be withheld and how fast a district must respond, and it creates great liabilities to a district which does not comply. This discussion provides an opportunity for sharing stories, challenges and hurdles while allowing participants to ... read more
- Current Developments on Pension and BenefitsFebruary 7, 2014The 2014 MLI symposium at Berkeley Law features the local government as employer, and will focus on personnel and labor relations issues specific to public entities. This panel discussion will cover current developments on pension and benefits.