2012 Page 4
- CSDA Webinar: Impact of Dissolutions on Special DistrictsApril 4, 2012As of February 1, 2012, redevelopment agencies (RDAs) have been officially dissolved. As successor agencies take over former RDA responsibilities and as new oversight boards are formed, special districts within RDA territories will see financial impacts. This webinar will overview the status of the RDA dissolution process, what role special districts will play in that process, and what type of impacts RDA dissolution may have ... read more
- Northern California City Clerks Association: Untangling the Web of Fair Political Practices RegulationsMarch 23, 2012An informative, in-depth look at Fair Political Practices (FPPC) Regulations.
- LAAPL Luncheon – What Isn’t Covered by the AAPL Joint Operating AgreementMarch 15, 2012Please click here to contact Jason Downs, Education Chair for the Los Angeles Association of Professional Landmen, for more information or to register for this event.
- Successor Agency Training: AB 1X Implementation Workshops – Fresno SessionMarch 13, 2012Cities and counties need to know how to best comply with AB 1X 26. To assist former city and county redevelopment agencies in their transition to successor agencies, CRA will be holding one-day Successor Agency Training workshops in various locations throughout California in March. The workshops will address technical issues associated with dissolution and successor agencies. Attendees will also have the opportunity to network and ... read more
- Negotiating Reductions in Benefits: What Finance Officers Need to KnowMarch 1, 2012An informative educational session presented at the California Society of Municipal Finance Officers (CSMFO) 2012 Annual Conference.
- C.A.S.H. 33rd Annual Conference – Serenity Among the Chaos: How to Deftly Handle Bid ProtestsFebruary 21, 2012California's Coalition for Adequate School Housing (C.A.S.H.) 33rd Annual Conference. This round table discussion will cover the following: When a bid protest has been filed, it’s all in how one handles the challenge. Some bid protests hold more merit than others, but as the responder, it’s imperative to not lose sight of the project itself and the fact that bid protest procedures exist for a ... read more
- Human Resources Legal Updates 2012 – Luncheon SeminarJanuary 26, 20122012 legal updates for public agency Human Resources professionals. Please click here for registration information.
- New Mayors & Council Members AcademyJanuary 18, 2012Your Legal Powers and Obligations: Learn the sources of your powers as a city official and the limitations on those powers. Gain a basic understanding of the legal authorities and restrictions under which cities and city officials operate with a focus on the Brown Act.