Kristof Szoke is an Associate in the Trial and Litigation, and Eminent Domain and Inverse Condemnation Practice Groups.
Kristof represents clients in high-stakes litigation matters in state and federal courts. His experience includes second-chairing trials—including a recent case on behalf of L.A. Metro that resulted in an overwhelmingly favorable civil jury verdict—as well as advocating on behalf of clients in mediation. Kristof manages all phases of litigation, including presenting oral argument, conducting and defending depositions, overseeing discovery, and preparing both experts and fact witnesses to testify.
Kristof started his career working in the New York office of a large international law firm where he gained experience litigating complex commercial cases, handling intellectual property matters (trademarks, copyright, and trade secrets), and resolving disputes during bankruptcy proceedings.
Honors and Awards
- CALI Awards: Criminal Law & Procedure; Legal Ethics
Presentations and Publications
- Author, “First Amendment Audits,” Los Angeles Lawyer, July/August 2023
- Presenter, “First Amendment Audit: Preparedness 101,”
California State Association of Counties (CSAC), the
League of California Cities (Cal Cities) and the Rural
County Representatives of California (RCRC), July 29,
- Author, “Legal Privilege Pitfalls and Perils in Bankruptcy,” New York Law Journal, Vol. 260-No.59, September 24, 2018
- Member, The State Bar of California
- Member, The State Bar of New York
- Washington University in St. Louis School of LawJD, cum laude, 2017
- University of California at Los AngelesBA, Political Science, 2012