Personal Information We May Collect
We collect two types of information in connection with the Sites: Personal Information and Other Information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you or relates to you as an individual. “Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual. Other Information is addressed below, under the heading “OTHER INFORMATION.”
We may collect some or all of the Personal Information through the Sites such as:
- Job Title
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
How We May Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries and requests, such as to send you client alerts, newsletters or publications that you request, or to register you to attne dour webinars or other events.
- To send you legal updates and invitations relating to seminars or events that we think may be of interest to you.
- To keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, if you contact us through the Sites, and to use such information and correspondence to respond to you.
- To send you administrative information, including information regarding the Sites and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- For business purposes, such as data analysis, fraud monitoring and prevention, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional efforts and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public or government authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property or that of you or others; or (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our third-party service providers which provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, email delivery, and other similar services.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business or assets.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public or government authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of you or others; or (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Other Information We May Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to you as an individual, such as:
- Browser information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Aggregated information
- Zip code
How We May Collect Other Information
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Most Internet browsers transmit certain information to websites that you visit, such as your computer’s type (Windows or Macintosh) and its Media Access Control (MAC) address and screen resolution, and the type and version of your computer’s Operating System and browser. We use this information to ensure that the Sites functions properly.
- Using applications: We may use applications, including mobile applications, that may collect information from you.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Sites pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, track the actions of Sites users and email recipients, measure the success of marketing efforts and compile statistics about Sites usage and response rates.
- IP Address: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Sites usage levels, helping diagnose server problems and administering the Sites.
- From you: We collect information when voluntarily provided by you, such as your employer, title, and email address.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Sites. For example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code.
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
- As Other Information does not specifically identify an individual, please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it as described in “How We May Collect Other Information” section above, as well as for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION ABOUT WEBINARS
Meyers Nave webinars offered as a service to users of the Sites are hosted by unaffiliated third party vendors, and not by us. Our third party vendors require users to provide limited Personal Information, such as name and email address, in order to register and attend the webinar. Users seeking continuing legal education credit also may be asked to provide their State Bar number(s). Please note that this Personal Information is collected by our vendors, and not by us. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of our vendors, which control how such vendors handle Personal Information provided by you.
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as any app, social media platform, or wireless service provider, including any Personal Information you disclose to other such organizations.
We use organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, data storage data transmission over the Internet can not be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send sensitive or confidential information to us by email or any other means in connection with the Sites. If you have reason to believe that your communications with us have been compromised in any way, please immediately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.464.3559.