Palmer Hilton is an Associate in Meyers Nave’s Municipal and Special District Law Practice Group. He currently advises the cities of Cloverdale, Modesto, Rancho Cordova, and Windsor.
Palmer’s practice is focused on advising his clients on a wide range of matters including public works, economic development, environmental law, land use, water law and water rights litigation, the Brown Act, and general contract compliance. In connection with these matters, Palmer currently advises the cities of Rancho Cordova and Modesto on public works issues and economic development, the City of Cloverdale on water and drought issues concerning the Russian River, and the City of Windsor on water issues.
While in law school Palmer served on the Executive Board of the University of North Carolina Environmental Law Project and participated in pro-bono legal work for Southern Environmental Law Center. He also served as a staff member for the University of North Carolina Community Development Law Clinic. In this role he provided corporate and transactional legal assistance to nonprofit organizations.
Prior to law school Palmer was an intern for the Nevada Attorney General’s Office/Colorado River Commission in Las Vegas, Nevada and performed research in areas of environmental, water, and land use law.
- Represented a state in the United States Supreme Court regarding water rights issues.
- Represented a California water district in litigation regarding an irrigation canal easement and other land use issues.
- Represented a California county in proceedings before the California State Water Resources Control Board.
- Represented an Oregon water association in an Endangered Species Act matter.
- Advised a Joint-Powers Agency in legislative and policy matters.
Presentations and Publications
- Contributing author, Legal Tides
- Contributing author, Coast Watch
- Contributing author, North Carolina’s Blue Economy
- Staff Member, North Carolina Journal of Law & Technology
- Member, Sacramento County Bar Association
- University of North Carolina School of LawJD, 2018
- Bucknell UniversityBA, Political Science and History, 2014