Governor Brown signed 15 bills into law on September 29, 2017 that are designed to help address California’s affordable housing crisis. The new laws have broad implications and obligations for local municipalities, housing related public agencies, and the private developer community. To help explain the new affordable housing regulatory landscape, Meyers Nave is offering a complimentary, three-part webinar series addressing the most critical issues under the new laws.
This webinar covers the following topics:
- New “permanent source” of funds in SB 2
- SB 3 bond on November 2018 ballot
- New inclusionary housing authority in AB 1505
- Tax Increment funding by Affordable Housing Authorities through AB 1598
- Approaches being taken by local governments, including bond measures in Bay Area counties and a linkage fee in the City of Los Angeles