Office Services/Facilities Assistant (Oakland, CA)
ABOUT MEYERS NAVE
Meyers Nave has a special reputation in California as a go-to law firm that clients rely on to handle their highest profile, most complicated and often most controversial transactions and litigated matters. Attorneys in the Firm’s five California offices work in multi-disciplinary teams to help public agencies, private businesses and public-private partnerships navigate an extensive range of local, state and federal laws and regulations. The results of our work and the expertise of our attorneys have led to numerous prestigious awards and honors, including Law360’s “California Powerhouse,” The Recorder’s “Giant Slayer” and The Daily Journal’s “Top Defense Result,” as well as many attorneys recognized in Best Lawyers in America and SuperLawyers. We are proud to handle precedent-setting matters for California’s legal community.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Office Services/Facilities Assistant role requires strong customer service skills and ability to maintain positive working relationships with clients, and personnel. This position reports to the Operations Manager. Prior experience in a legal, or professional, environment is preferred but not required.
The position’s essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Provide mailroom services, including sorting, distributing, collecting and metering mail and parcels on an accurate and timely basis;
- Produce copying and printing, faxing and scanning in accordance with written or verbal requests;
- Processes associated with the management and identification of electronic and physical documents (records). Includes the adherence to established naming and organizational protocols and procedures to facilitate future retrieval.
- Inspect and ensure all rooms are stocked with appropriate supplies and continuously ready for use;
- Assist with the delivery and set-up of catering needs for meetings;
- Prepare office/workstation for new hires, and assist with IT equipment set-up;
- Coordinate service calls for mail/copy room equipment as needed;
- Monitor and maintain general supply levels, restock, and coordinate reordering;
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of shared office spaces, such as copy rooms, file rooms and kitchen areas;
- Organize and distribute kitchen/coffee area supplies;
- Assist as a back-up in reception, greeting clients, answering in-coming calls, scheduling of conference rooms;
- Other functions as assigned.
Management retains the right to add to, or change, the functions of this position at any time.
The following qualifications are required:
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. of office-related equipment and supplies;
- Ability to perform tasks in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize workload;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high ethical standards and strict confidentiality of all information the employee may receive in the course of employment;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and update skills as required by the position;
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints;
- General knowledge of Microsoft Outlook email and the internet required
- Knowledge and experience running office equipment (e.g., copiers, scanners, fax machine)
- Understanding of US Postal Service and express mailing (e.g., FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate (in person, by phone and in writing) with a diverse group of attorneys, non-attorney employees and vendors with courtesy and professionalism.
Meyers Nave is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any qualified applicant’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status or any other category protected by law. Meyers Nave will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with state law.
The pay range for this position, working in our Oakland office is $27.00 to $33.00 per hour depending on experience. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Meyers Nave complies with the requirements of all applicable California and federal employment laws, including those protecting disabled individuals. If you have difficulty using our online application system due to a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact us via email or phone: firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 808-2000.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should click here to apply.