Douglas M. McManamon
Douglas (Doug) McManamon counsels his clients in all significant aspects of construction law and litigation. His background as an architect and experience in the construction industry lend him a unique ability to understand and maneuver the technicalities involved in construction disputes. Doug has significant experience in complex construction litigation, including payment disputes, mechanic’s lien and stop notice actions, construction defect, delay and disruption claims, differing site conditions, and insurance recovery.
Before joining Meyers Nave, Doug worked at a large international law firm, where he gained invaluable experience in complex commercial and construction law. His extensive trial practice included matters related to multi-million dollar projects nationwide.
Doug was selected as a Northern California “Rising Star” in the area of Construction Litigation by Super Lawyers magazine in 2013 and 2014.
Doug is admitted to practice in the Northern, Eastern, and Central Districts of California.
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, Northern California Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Construction Litigation; 2013, 2014
Presentations and Publications
- Presenter, “Public Contracting Requirements and Competitive Bidding in California,” Meyers Nave and Lorman Education Services seminars throughout California, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Presenter, “Alternative Project Delivery Methods – Which One is Right for You?”, 4th Annual California Construction Law Conference, The Seminar Group, 2018
- Presenter, “Planning for, and Defending Against, Public Works’ Contractor Claims,” Lorman Education Services webinar, 2016, 2017
- Presenter, “Defending Against Construction Contractor Claims,” County Counsels’ Association Public Works and Contracts Spring Study Section Conference, 2016
- Presenter, “Current Issues On Bidding, Contracting and Claims on California Public Works Contracts,” Lorman Education Services webinar, 2015
- Presenter, “Public Law: Handling Contractor Claims on Public Works Construction Projects,” The State Bar of California 88th Annual Meeting, 2015
- Co-Author, “DBE or not DBE: Understanding the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program and Related Fraud Investigations,” 2013 Construction Law Update, (Sweeney, N., ed)
- Author, “Assigning Contractual Risk for LEED® Certification,” Bell, Rosenberg & Hughes News in Brief, 2009
- Author, “Is A Certificate of Insurance Really Worth Anything?,” Bell, Rosenberg & Hughes News in Brief, 2008
- Author, “The Role of Public-Private Partnerships in the Governors $220 Billion Infrastructure Spending Plan,” Bell, Rosenberg & Hughes News in Brief, 2006
- Member, The State Bar of California
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, U.S. Green Building Council
- Member, Associated General Contractors of California
- University of San Francisco School of LawJD, cum laude, 2004
- University of VirginiaBS, Architectural Design, 1996