Meyers Nave is recruiting for a Docketing Clerk. This is a nonexempt position reporting to the Senior Docketing Specialist and is located in the Firm’s Oakland or Los Angeles offices.
ABOUT MEYERS NAVE
Meyers Nave has an exceptional reputation in California as a go-to law firm that clients rely on to handle their highest profile, most complicated and often most controversial transactions and litigated matters. Attorneys work in multi-disciplinary teams to help public agencies, private businesses and non-profit organizations navigate complex local, state and federal laws and regulations. Meyers Nave was founded over 30 years ago and has grown into a state-wide firm with approximately 65 attorneys in five locations.
The Docketing Clerk assists the Docketing Department to provide direct calendar support to Firm personnel including maintenance of Firm Litigation Master Calendar.
The position’s essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Prioritize, review, analyze and respond to calendaring requests received from practice staff and attorneys;
- Review, analyze and process docketing requests received through mail, courier, ECF or personal request; conduct research and consult applicable court rules and other information to provide accurate, comprehensive docketing reports and updates;
- Generate daily calendar reports and distribute to secretaries and paralegals;
- Work with secretaries, paralegals and attorneys to ensure any discrepancies in calendar dates are appropriately resolved and correct;
- Prepare one-off docketing reports and support as requested;
- Assist with periodic audits of the docketing database proactively identifying and responding to underlying issues identified;
- Provide in-depth, detailed, and analytical research on calendar-related issues and questions;
- Collaborate closely with Group employees to ensure calendars are formatted and prepared in accordance with Firm best practices;
- Manage intake of daily delivered mail routing and scanning process for the Oakland and Los Angeles offices.
- Work extended hours as needed;
- Work cordially, cooperatively, and productively with all firm employees;
- Attend work on-site on a regular, punctual and reliable schedule;
- Manage multiple problems and projects at once;
- Maintain composure and work efficiently and accurately during high-energy situations involving frequently changing circumstances; and
- Other functions as assigned.
Management retains the right to add to or change the functions of this position at any time.
The following qualifications are required unless otherwise noted:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Three (3) plus years of progressively responsible work experience as a Docketing Clerk in either a law firm or in house legal department or professional services firm setting (law firm experience is preferred);
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high ethical standards and strict confidentiality of all information that the employee may receive as a result of her or his role;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and update skills as required by the position;
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints and within budget;
- Strong written and verbal skills; and
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate in person and by phone with a diverse group of attorneys, staff and vendors to provide information with courtesy and tact.
Meyers Nave is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any qualified applicant’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status or any other category protected by law. Meyers Nave will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box).
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com