Neha R. Shah
Neha R. Shah is a senior associate handling a broad range of labor and employment matters with an emphasis on traditional labor relations, advice and counsel, and workplace investigations. She has a particular fluency in guiding employers to minimize liability through preventative measures and providing practical guidance and training to executives and HR professionals. She has experience across a broad range of industries, including government, non-profit, education, technology, sports and entertainment.
Neha has significant first chair experience representing California employers in arbitration, mediation, administrative proceedings, collective bargaining and negotiations. She has conducted several investigations, including claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, Title IX, hostile work environment, collective bargaining agreement violations, and health and safety violations. A frequent presenter and trainer, she has shared her expertise at conferences and seminars on the topics of public sector labor law, practicing at PERB, preventing harassment, equity and inclusion, and human resources best practices.
Neha currently serves as Co-Chair of the Diversity Committee at Meyers Nave.
Prior to joining Meyers Nave, Neha was a Senior Labor Relations Manager & Public Employment Relations Board Lead at the California State University, Office of the Chancellor where she served as the lead for unfair practice charge proceedings for a university system comprised of 23 campuses, more than 60,000 employees and 13 bargaining units with a collective annual compensation cost in excess of $4.2 billion. She served as a law clerk for the United States Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of California Criminal Division, the Solano County District Attorney’s Office, and for eBay France’s intellectual property litigation team.
Neha is active in giving back to the community and served as the first director for the Ms. JD Global Education Fund. Most recently she served on the Board of Directors for the South Asian Bar Association of Southern California’s Public Interest Foundation and the leadership committee for the International Rescue Committee, Los Angeles GenR Chapter. Currently, she is a committee member for the South Asian Bar Association of North America’s National Racial Justice Task Force.
- California State University Employees Union, Charging Party, v. Trustees of the California State University (San Marcos) (2020), PERB No. 2738-H
Honors and Awards
- Environmental Law Journal, Editor-of-the-Year Award (2013)
- Phillip C. Jessup International Moot Court, Team Captain (2011-2013)
- Dean’s List (2012)
- CALI Award for Academic Excellence, Legal Writing and Research I (2011)
Presentations and Publications
- Presenter, “Employment Law Update – Private/Non-Profit Employers,” Meyers Nave webinar, January 12, 2023
- Presenter, “Employment Law Update – Public Entity Employers,” Meyers Nave webinar, January 11, 2023
- Quoted, “New Law Brings Calif. Public Sector ULPs Closer to Litigation,” Law 360, November 2, 2022
- Presenter, “Exploring Employee Rights: The Right to Representation & Protection from Retaliation,” California State University Systemwide Labor Relations Conference, July 27, 2022
- Presenter, “What the Heck is An Unfair Practice Charge and Why Should You Care?,” California State University Systemwide Labor Relations Conference, July 26, 2022
- Presenter, “Interacting with Staff Councils & Employee Organizations,” California State University Systemwide Labor Relations Training, February 15, 2022
- Co-Presenter, “Legal and Legislative Updates,” California State University Systemwide Labor Relations Conference, July 22, 2021
- Presenter, “Unfair Practice Charges in the California State University,” California State University Systemwide Labor Relations Conference, July 2020
- Co-Presenter, “Unfair Practice Charges and You,” California State University Systemwide Labor Relations Conference, July 2019
- Co-Presenter, Performance Management in a Unionized Environment, San Francisco State University, Executive Training, September 2015
- Member, State Bar of California
- Committee Member, National Racial Justice Task Force, South Asian Bar Association of North America
- Member, South Asian Bar Association of Northern California
- Member, California Public Employers Labor Relations Association
- Co-Chair, Diversity Committee, Meyers Nave, 2023-Present
- Past National Global Education Fund Director, Ms. JD
- Past Treasurer and Community/Clinics Co-Chair, Public Interest Foundation, South Asian Bar Association of Southern California
- Past Leadership Committee Member, Los Angeles Gen/R Chapter, International Rescue Committee
- Past Co-Chair of the Board of Directors and Marketing Committee Member, Bay Area Young Professionals Chapter, American India Foundation
- Past Secretary, Long Beach Barristers Association
- Golden Gate University, School of LawJD, 2013
- San Francisco State UniversityBS, Business Administration, 2007
- Harvard Business School OnlineCertificate, Negotiation Mastery, 2022