Neha R. Shah
Neha R. Shah is a senior associate in the Labor and Employment Group. She handles a broad range of matters, including labor and employment with an emphasis on traditional labor relations, advice and counsel, and workplace investigations. She has developed a particular fluency in guiding employers to minimize liability through preventative measures and providing practical guidance and training to executives and HR professionals.
Neha has significant first chair experience representing the employer in arbitration, mediation, administrative proceedings, collective bargaining and negotiations. She has conducted several investigations, including claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, Title IX, hostile work environment, collective bargaining agreement violations, and health and safety violations. She is also a frequent presenter and has shared her expertise at conferences and seminars on the topics of public sector labor law, practicing at PERB, equity and inclusion, and human resources best practices.
Prior to joining Meyers Nave, Neha was a senior labor relations manager and Public Employment Relations Board Lead at the California State University, Office of the Chancellor where she served as the lead for unfair practice charge proceedings for a university system comprised of 23 campuses, more than 60,000 employees and 13 bargaining units with a collective annual compensation cost in excess of $4.2 billion.
Neha is active in giving back to the community and served as the first director for the Ms. JD Global Education Fund. Most recently she served on the Board of Directors for the South Asian Bar Association of Southern California’s Public Interest Foundation and the leadership committee for the International Rescue Committee, Los Angeles GenR Chapter. Currently, she is a committee member for the South Asian Bar Association of North America’s National Racial Justice Task Force.
Honors and Awards
- Environmental Law Journal, Editor-of-the-Year Award (2013)
- Phillip C. Jessup International Moot Court, Team Captain (2011-2013)
- Dean’s List (2012)
- CALI Award for Academic Excellence, Legal Writing and Research I (2011)
Presentations and Publications
- Presenter, “Exploring Employee Rights: The Right to Representation & Protection from Retaliation,” California State University Systemwide Labor Relations Conference, July 27, 2022
- Presenter, “What the Heck is An Unfair Practice Charge and Why Should You Care?,” California State University Systemwide Labor Relations Conference, July 26, 2022
- Presenter, “Interacting with Staff Councils & Employee Organizations,” California State University Systemwide Labor Relations Training, February 15, 2022
- Co-Presenter, “Legal and Legislative Updates,” California State University Systemwide Labor Relations Conference, July 22, 2021
- Presenter, “Unfair Practice Charges in the California State University,” California State University Systemwide Labor Relations Conference, July 2020
- Co-Presenter, “Unfair Practice Charges and You,” California State University Systemwide Labor Relations Conference, July 2019
- Co-Presenter, Performance Management in a Unionized Environment, San Francisco State University, Executive Training, September 2015
- Member, State Bar of California
- Committee Member, National Racial Justice Task Force, South Asian Bar Association of North America
- Member, South Asian Bar Association of Northern California
- Member, California Public Employers Labor Relations Association
- Past National Global Education Fund Director, Ms. JD
- Past Treasurer and Community/Clinics Co-Chair, Public Interest Foundation, South Asian Bar Association of Southern California
- Past Leadership Committee Member, Los Angeles Gen/R Chapter, International Rescue Committee
- Past Co-Chair of the Board of Directors and Marketing Committee Member, Bay Area Young Professionals Chapter, American India Foundation
- Past Secretary, Long Beach Barristers Association
- Golden Gate University, School of LawJD, 2013
- San Francisco State UniversityBS, Business Administration, 2007
- Harvard Business School OnlineCertificate, Negotiation Mastery, 2022